To ensure your artwork is printed correctly, we expect files to be submitted in accordance to the following print ready specifications. All text is converted to outlines/vectors
- All text is converted to outlines/vectors
- 1/8” (0.125”) bleed on all four (4) sides
- Crop marks are added
- High resolution .PDF is preferred
Please export a Press Quality PDF from the native program ensuring images are at least 300dpi and are CMYK if your job is a standard process colour job.
All colours in your document must be CMYK if you use spot colours in your design please convert them to cmyk before saving, duotone images must also be converted to cmyk. Colour is printed to WYD Media Inc. standards, i.e. pleasing colour. Exact colour match not guaranteed. Critical colour requires a colour key or match print. Colour laser copies or other proofs are not considered accurate prepress proofs.
- The preferred resolution for images and artwork is 300DPI.
- A 1/8” bleed is required on all four sides of your artwork.
(Bleed is extended artwork on all sides of the artwork to allow for cutter variance. Items such as background and design elements should always extend out of the trim margin.
Failing to provide bleed information and crop marks can result in the printed product showing a thin area of white on the edge.
If your file does not consist of bleed, it will be rejected by our prepress department and we will request for a new file with bleed. This can result in delaying the completion of your job.)
- Safe Margins are 1/16” away from the cut line. Safe margins are guidelines that help you keep important elements of your design away from the edge of your artwork in order that text and images will not be cut off when trimmed down to the final size.
- Failure to provide artwork file(s) in this format may result in print error. If WYD Media Inc. is to prepare the design files, design fees will apply.